This year we have been blessed with an incredibly beautiful production of Sea of Cortez Pearls: the best, most colorful and lustrous pearls of the last 10 years. Period.
And this summer we had more than luscious pearls: we had a wealth of visitors, from world-class designers to Mexican TV celebrities... and after their visit, we now have new friends and great shared memories with them.
But let's start with the 2019 harvest -which with this year marks our 19th commercial harvest- and we still remain as the only commercial pearl farm in the American continent, and now we greater projection and consolidation. As for this harvest, we can mention that:
- We have better shapes, softer and tending to greater symmetry. The baroque pearls had more interesting textures and shapes.
- More intense colors with more variations, including shades in green-gold that we did not see for many years. The blues had greater depth & intensity and the greens were more metallic and bright.
- The Lustre: simply the brightest and cleanest of all our previous harvests. Many of the pearls had a mirror luster... and remember that our pearls are never polished!
But moving on to our gallery of distinguished visitors we had the honor of hosting (in chronological order) these new friends:
- Designer Cathe Clauss of "Thesis Gems" who won a U.S. National Ring Design Award in 2018, using a beautiful green Mabe pearl from our pearl farm. Cathe only uses gems and metals certified as Sustainable or Fair Trade, so her pieces are 100% Ethical Jewelry and 1000% beautiful!
- London designer Chrissy Douglas of Coleman-Douglas Pearls, who came for in-depth knowledge about our unique pearls and to incorporate them into her designs and offer a unique, sustainable pearl with a special history. In fact, you can read the review she made of this trip!
- Designers Meg Carroll (of "Meg C Jewelry & Gallery"), Katheryn Cotterill and Laurie Watts (from "EAT Gallery") and our great friend Kathe Mai (from "TriGem Designs") who have a successful business in the United States and who also promote Fair Trade in Gems and Jewelry.
- Pao Valenzuela, a young Sonoran YouTuber with her own Channel "Tourism with Pao", who wanted to participate in our VIP harvest and published a beautiful and fun video, which we invite you to watch (in Spanish):
- Carolina Rocha who published a video for her segment "El Otro Mexico" ("the Other Mexico" and she has several very interesting videos on her youtube channel) within the newscast of "Hechos" by "TV Azteca". Thank you, Carolina, Israel and Orlando (on camera) for your visit: it was an honor to work with you. You can watch the video (in Spanish here).
- Gorgeous Mexican actress Andrea Legarreta, hostess of the "Hoy" TV program of "Televisa" with whom we had an interview at the pearl farm's palapa. Thanks to Andrea, Televisa, the Guaymas-San Carlos OCV and COFETUR for their support!. By the way, Andrea wore some beautiful silver earrings with Cortez Mabe pearls, designed by our friend and designer Priscila Canales.
- We also had the visit of local media such as Megacable News who interviewed our General Manager, Dr. Guillermo Soberon, for our annual pearl harvest; and let us not forget the interview with our Cortez Pearl Founders-Partners done by Marlen Reyes of Televisa Sonora.
Furthermore, we also had 3 live streams through the Facebook Live service, one of them in front of more than 20 designers and jewelers in the United States, reunited by Eric Braunwert of "Columbia Gem House" so that we could share with this audience that specializes in the purchase and use of Fair Trade Gems, so that the message about our sustainable pearl production reached a greater audience.
So we can say that this was a very busy pearl harvest! If you graced us during this year's pearl harvest we thank you for participating in one of our finest moments... and if you haven't, what are you waiting for? We have the Pearl Farm Tour ready to serve you and your friends and family. Make your appointment so that you too will get know the only commercial pearl farm on the continent, visit one of the only 5 sustainable marine pearl farms in the world and the only one whose pearls are produced using the "Rainbow Lip Oyster" and are on the Fair Trade Gems list.
Call and schedule by our phone (in Mexico dial 622-221-0136 from 9 am to 5 pm, from abroad dial +52 622-220136) or make an appointment through our Official Facebook fan page. Come to experience the most unique and luxury pearl option anywhere.